There are different ways to lose weight. Taking appetite suppressants is one way to lose weight.
Our central nervous system controls our appetite. Our satiety center is controlled by the hypothalamus which is found in our brain. During digestion, the pancreas sends out an enzyme that sends out a signal that there is food in the stomach.
The release of signals is then received by complex neurotransmitters that then send out a signal to the brain. The brain then acknowledges that there is food which then gives us a feeling of fullness.
Appetite suppressants work by stimulating the brain into thinking that the stomach is full. They aim to curb the appetite which leads to weight loss. Here are things to remember when taking appetite suppressants:
- It’s not for everybody. Appetite suppressants are best for people who are severely obese and who are really having a hard time controlling their appetite.
- The use of appetite suppressants is intended to control the risk factors of various diseases associated with obesity such as insulin resistance and high blood pressure.
- It’s not for long-term use.The reason for this is because there is a chance that the body might develop a tolerance for the diet supplement.
- Results may vary from one person to another. The effect of appetite suppressant may not be similar between two persons taking the same diet pill.
There are two kinds of appetite suppressants available in the market today.
- Synthetic Appetite Suppressants are prescription weight loss medication. These drugs are used only for a short period and it needs doctor supervision. These drugs are FDA approved but there has been much controversy about the safety of these products. The use of synthetic appetite suppressants are said to bring side effects such as tremors, constipation and possible stroke.
- Natural Appetite suppressants are made of natural plant extracts that help regulate the appetite. Hoodia appetite suppressants are one of the widely-used appetite suppresants. Hoodia Appetite Suppressants such as Unique Hoodia , Hoodia Gordonii Plus and Hoodia Balance are recommended choice! They are safe and it brings no side effects!